Mohd Chan Chinese-Muslim Restaurant
Mohd Chan’s first Chinese-Muslim restaurant was opened in 2007 and to date, has 19 branches and more to come across the nation. Awarded the Asia Halal Brand Awards, Mohd Chan has been known as the Best Chinese-Muslim Restaurant in Malaysia for years. Mohd Chan brand was also awarded the 6th Golden Eagle Award.
- To become a leading brand in the Chinese-Muslim restaurant category in Malaysia.
- To break the traditional impression of halal cuisines and let more people discover halal Chinese cuisines.
- To bring good food to everyone and promote the value of harmony (‘muhibbah’ and ‘silaturrahim’).
Strategy & Activations
- Created a social media platform that to date has gained more than 60k fans on its Facebook page within 15 months, with more than 85k page views. It is currently the most-watched Chinese-Muslim Group in Malaysia.
- Repositioned and optimised the brand’s visual identity.
- Planned a series of food-themed online events to bring the brand closer to its community through the values of ‘muhibbah’ and ‘silaturrahim’.